Banana Smoothie Muffins
3 ripe bananas
2 cups packed baby spinach
1½ cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Puree bananas, spinach and strawberries in a blender.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, sugar, egg, oil, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into a bowl and mix well.
- Put paper or silicone muffin cups in a muffin pan (you’ll need two pans for 14 muffins).
- Spoon in the batter filling each cup about three quarters full.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool on a rack, and enjoy!
Makes 14 muffins.