SVEC is happy to offer a method of billing for residential accounts that will help members who are on a fixed monthly income and need their bills to avoid the volatility that the weather can cause. Our budget billing option helps smooth out the highs and lows of a member’s monthly bill during the year allowing them to budget their monthly expenses more accurately.
Every month SVEC recalculates the 12 month average billing for the account and bills the member the average amount. There is no catch-up month used in the budget billing. When the account is closed there will be a final billing to true up the account. If there is a credit due to the customer, a refund check will be issued. Likewise if there is a final amount due to the cooperative the member will be responsible for that amount.
If the member becomes delinquent on the budget billing program the account will be removed from the program and changed back to a standard billing account. A final bill to true up the account will be due at this time.
Requirements to Apply
- Must have had continuous service at the location for at least 12 months
- The account must have all charges paid in full before switching to budget billing
- The account must have not been disconnected for non-payment or have checks returned unpaid
- The member cannot have any uncollectable account balances with the cooperative
- The account must be residential service
If you would like to sign up for this program or just have questions, please contact Member Services.