Security deposits are required on all meters. Your security deposit is based upon the type of service requested.
The security deposit is not considered advance payment of your electric bill, and will be applied to unpaid bills only after service is disconnected.
Existing members may be eligible for a deposit waiver.
- For each meter connected
- $250.00 if you own the property. Proof of ownership is required.
- $500.00 if you rent the property
- For prepaid accounts, $25.00
- Deposit Refund — When your account has had no negative credit history events for 12 consecutive months, your deposit will be automatically credited to the applicable account in the 13th month.* Late payments, payment arrangements and payment assistance are examples of a negative credit history event.
* Deposits on prepaid accounts are not refunded while account is active.
For each meter connected, a security deposit of $300.00 or 2 times the average or projected one month bill at the billing location, whichever is greater, is required.