Power surges can be caused by weather events, wildlife and vegetation interference, automobile accidents, equipment failures, and other miscellaneous events. Suwannee Valley Electric Cooperative’s (SVEC’s) Homeguard program delivers peace of mind by providing an extra layer of protection for your home’s major equipment.
Provides a first line of defense by placing a meter-base surge protection device (MB-SPD) behind the cooperative’s electric meter and helps protect your major equipment items by suppressing surges before they enter your home.
Major Items Protected
- Clothes washers / dryers
- Electric ranges
- Other major appliances (see warranty sheet for more detail)
Items Not Covered
- Well pumps and supplementary pump equipment
- Stand-alone electronic equipment
- Medical or life support equipment
Enroll in the Program
- $5 per month
- Initial installation fee of $35
- Optional $125 installation can be provided that includes grounding of the residence to ensure optimal protection
- Minimum 12-month participation requirement
- Contact SVEC Member Services to enroll today