Fiber to the Home High-Speed Internet for Rural North Florida
What: A world-class fiber-optic network providing fiber to the home (FTTH) high-speed internet service.
Who: Internet service will be offered to SVEC consumer-members through the co-op’s subsidiary, Rapid Fiber Internet, LLC. SVEC will build the FTTH network in partnership with rural fiber-optic network design and construction management leader Conexon.
When: Construction is expected to begin in the 2nd quarter of 2023, with the first internet customers anticipated to be connected in the 3rd quarter of 2023.
Fast Facts About Fiber to the Home – The Gold Standard of Communications Transmission
- Sends and receives data at ultra-high speeds.
- Capable of carrying an extremely high amount of data.
- More reliable and less susceptible to interference, lightning, weather damage and other natural impacts.
- Offers Internet downloads and uploads at identical speeds up to 2 gigabits per second.
- Supports unlimited data and high-definition media, including video and streaming TV.
- Opens up new opportunities for effective remote learning, convenient telemedicine, work-from-home interoffice connectivity, economic development and growth; and more.