The Suwannee Valley Electric Cooperative (SVEC) Board of Trustees has established a scholarship fund to support children of our consumer-members. Each spring, SVEC awards up to 10 $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors selected from throughout SVEC’s service territory.
A committee established by SVEC reviews all scholarship applications and recommends scholarship recipients to the SVEC Board of Trustees for approval.
Students are recommended for a scholarship based on:
- Their cumulative, unweighted high school GPA
- The quality of their extracurricular, church, community, civic, work, and/or volunteer activities
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A 250- to 500-word essay on why they want to continue their education and how this scholarship will help them do so
- The applicant must be a dependent child of an SVEC consumer-member at the time application is made and through graduation from high school
- Applicant cannot be a child or grandchild of a current SVEC employee or trustee
- Scholarships are not awarded solely based on need, however, SVEC expects additional weight and consideration to be given to students with financial hardship
The SVEC scholarship program and the board of trustees do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, or national origin or on any other basis in either the application process or in the consideration and granting of the scholarships provided by SVEC.
- Download the Scholarship Application (PDF).