Each spring, SVEC awards scholarships to outstanding high school seniors to help pay for the costs of attending an accredited community college, four-year college, technical school, or vocational school.
A committee of SVEC employees reviews all scholarship applications and awards scholarships base on:
- Cumulative, unweighted high school GPA
- The quality of extracurricular, church, community, civic, work, and/or volunteer activities
- Two letters of recommendation
- A 250- to 500-word essay on why the applicant wants to continue their education and how this scholarship will help them do so.
- Applicant must be a dependent child of an SVEC consumer-member at the time application is made and through graduation from high school.
- Applicant cannot be a child or grandchild of a current SVEC employee or current trustee.
The SVEC scholarship program does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, or national origin or on any other basis in either the application process or in the consideration and awarding of the scholarships provided by SVEC.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship in 2023 has past.