SVEC has awarded 10 scholarships, each worth $750, to outstanding high school seniors from across its service area.
In 2015, the board of trustees established SVEC’s scholarship program to support the continuing education plans of graduating high school seniors who are also dependents of cooperative members. This year, scholarship applications were reviewed by committees of educators who selected recipients based on academic performance and service to others through religious, civic and volunteer activities.
“SVEC congratulates this year’s scholarship winners,” says Hugh Hunter, president of SVEC’s board of trustees, “as well as all of our members’ graduating seniors, and we extend to them our wishes for a successful and fulfilling future.”
Scholarship recipients were:
- Branford High School – Emilee Barnes and Jacob Waite
- Columbia High School – Kamdyn Kvistad and Ashton Lee
- Hamilton County High School – Jessica Carter and Sarah Carter
- Lafayette High School – Andrew Perry and Hanna Poole
- Suwannee High School – Paige TenBroeck and Guadalupe Vazquez