Last month’s Touch-a-Truck event hosted by SVEC was a huge success, giving kids from across the Suwannee Valley a chance to sit behind the wheel of a variety of specialized vehicles and meet the professionals who operate them on a regular basis.
The Oct. 12 event featured fire trucks, a police car, a trash truck, a farm tractor, a gyrocopter, an ambulance, a concrete mixer and a school bus. SVEC also provided a bucket truck and digger truck, while the sheriff’s office brought a boat, a military-style truck and its mobile command trailer.
Thank you to all the organizations that participated, including:
- City of Live Oak Fire Department
- City of Live Oak Police Department
- City of Live Oak Public Works Department
- National Guard Armory, Live Oak
- SRM Concrete
- Suwannee County Sheriff's Office
- Suwannee Fire Rescue
- Suwannee County Schools Transportation Department
- Wings Over Suwannee
Lincoln Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, Smithsonian and Mount Vernon.
More information and a tour application form are available through junior-class guidance counselors or online at svec-coop.com/youth-tour.