After the StormJune 2023
What To Do After the Storm
After a storm has passed, it’s time to start thinking about what’s next. With safety in mind:
- Report any electrical outages in your area to Suwannee Valley Electric Cooperative (SVEC).
- Use protective gear, like gloves, during any cleanup.
- Stay away from downed power lines.
- Never attempt to remove tree limbs or branches from power lines.
- Give emergency and utility vehicles the right of way to allow for faster recovery.
- If evacuated, monitor reports to determine when it is safe to return home.
- Contact friends and family to let them know you are safe.
Stay Clear of Downed Power Lines!
Downed power lines can energize the ground for up to 35 feet! If you encounter a downed power line, notify SVEC immediately