After the StormJune 2022
The storm has passed, and it’s time to deal with the aftermath. Use this list as a reference for keeping yourself and your family safe.
- Report any electrical outages in your area to SVEC.
- Use protective gear, like gloves, during any cleanup.
- Stay far away from any downed power lines.
- Never attempt to remove tree limbs or branches from power lines.
- Give emergency and utility vehicles the right of way to allow for faster recovery.
- If evacuated, monitor reports to determine when it is safe to return home.
- Contact friends and family to let them know you are safe.
Stay Away From Downed Power Lines!
Downed power lines can energize the ground up to 35 feet away! If you encounter a downed power line, notify SVEC immediately.
Keep Up-to-Date on Power Restoration
- Visit our Storm Updates page
- Visit our Twitter page
- Visit our Facebook page
- Listen to WQHL 98.1 FM, Live Oak and WJHC 107.5 FM, Jasper
(Tune in from 8 to 9 a.m. and 5 to 6 p.m.)