Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax HolidayMay 2022
The 2022 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday begins on Saturday, May 28, and extends through Friday, June 10. During this sales tax holiday period, qualifying items related to disaster preparedness are exempt from sales tax.
Examples of qualifying items:
- Flashlights and lanterns costing $40 or less
- Radios costing $50 or less
- Tarps costing $100 or less
- Coolers costing $60 or less
- Batteries costing $50 or less
- Smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and carbon monoxide detectors costing $70 or less
- Generators costing$1,000 or less
- A number of items related to the safe evacuation of household pets
The sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Rental or repair of any of the qualifying items.
- Sales in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport.