Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax HolidayMay 2023
The 2023 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday begins on Saturday, May 27 and extends through Friday, June 9. During this period, sales of eligible items related to disaster preparedness are exempt from sales tax.
Examples of eligible items:
- Flashlights and lanterns costing $40 or less
- Radios costing $50 or less
- Tarps costing $100 or less
- Coolers costing $60 or less
- Batteries costing $50 or less
- Smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and carbon monoxide detectors costing $70 or less
- Portable generators costing $3,000 or less
- A number of items related to the safe evacuation of family pets
The sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Rental or repair of any of the qualifying items.
- Sales in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport.