Disaster PreparednessMay 2020
The 2020 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday begins on Friday, May 29, and extends through Thursday, June 4. During this sales tax holiday period, qualifying items related to disaster preparedness are exempt from sales tax.
The sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Rental or repair of any of the qualifying items.
- Sales in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment or airport.
- Reusable ice packs
- Portable self-powered light sources such as candles, flashlights and lanterns
- Gas or diesel fuel containers, including LP gas and kerosene containers
- Batteries, including rechargeable batteries
- Coolers and ice chests
- Bungee cords
- Ground anchor systems
- Ratchet straps
- Tie-down kits
- Waterproof sheeting
- Portable generators for light, communications or food preservation