Recipe: Cajun Shrimp AlfredoMay 2021
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cups Italian cheese blend
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Bow tie pasta
- Sea salt
For Shrimp: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shrimp and saute until shrimp turns pink. Do not overcook shrimp. Remove from heat and set aside.
For Sauce: Combine 2 tablespoons butter, onion and minced garlic in a medium skillet on medium heat and saute until onion is caramelized. Add heavy whipping cream and lemon juice. Bring to a rolling boil. Add Italian cheese blend and Parmesan. Reduce heat and allow cheese to melt. You can add more cheese if you desire a thicker sauce. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
For Pasta: Follow instructions on package. Add sea salt to taste. When done, drain and place on plate. Top with alfredo sauce and sauteed shrimp. Garnish with additional cheese blend, if desired. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Do you have a great recipe? Email us a copy of a recipe you’d like to share.