Recipe: Cajun Shrimp AlfredoMay 2021
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cups Italian cheese blend
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Bow tie pasta
- Sea salt
For Shrimp: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shrimp and saute until the shrimp turns pink. Do not overcook shrimp. Remove from heat and set aside.
For Sauce: Combine 2 tablespoons butter, onion, and minced garlic in a medium skillet on medium heat and saute until onion is caramelized. Add heavy whipping cream and lemon juice. Bring to a rolling boil. Add Italian cheese blend and Parmesan. Reduce heat and allow the cheese to melt. You can add more cheese if you desire a thicker sauce. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
For Pasta: Follow instructions on the package. Add sea salt to taste. When done, drain and place on a plate. Top with alfredo sauce and sauteed shrimp. Garnish with additional cheese blend, if desired. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Do you have a great recipe? Email us a copy of a recipe you’d like to share.