Recipe: Turkey Sloppy JoesSeptember 2021
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Frank’s Red Hot
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Low-carb buns
Brown the turkey in a skillet. Remove it from the skillet and add the chopped onion, bell peppers, and garlic, sauteing until soft. Return the meat to the skillet and add tomato paste, mustard, hot sauce, tomatoes, and honey. Taste, and season with salt and pepper if needed. Simmer the mixture until it’s warmed through and thickened slightly, then spoon it onto low-carb buns.
Do you have a great recipe? Email a copy of a recipe you’d like to share!