Spicy Chipotle Catfish SandwichJuly 2021
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- 4 catfish fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 regular or multigrain sourdough rolls
- 4 slices sweet onion
- Chopped cabbage or romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Half of chipotle-lemon mixture
Preheat the oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Combine the chipotle pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic. Divide equally into 2 bowls. Rub a small amount of olive oil on the fish. Top the fish with half the chipotle lemon mixture, then sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
Bake for 8 minutes or until done.
While the fish is baking, make the chipotle mayonnaise by combining the mayonnaise, capers, paprika, and the rest of the chipotle-lemon mixture.
Assemble sandwiches with fish, chipotle mayonnaise, onion, and cabbage or lettuce. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Do you have a great recipe? Email a copy of a recipe you’d like to share!