To be eligible for a grant, you must be an appropriately certified PK-12 teacher or a school district-employed registered nurse who teaches health classes at:
- An accredited independent/private school in Suwannee Valley Electric Cooperative’s service territory
- A public school in Hamilton County, Lafayette County, Suwannee County or Columbia County (Five Points and Pinemount elementary schools only)
- Grants are available only for items that will directly benefit students in the classroom. No grants will be awarded for curriculum, edible items, items of clothing, or items used for extracurricular activities.
- Grants for individual teachers will be awarded in amounts from $100 to $500
- Teachers from the same school may apply together for a single combined grant. For example, 2 teachers may apply for a grant of up to $1,000 (2 times $500).
- Applications must be approved by your school’s principal
- A teacher can be awarded only 1 grant per semester (individually or as part of a group).
- Grants are awarded at meetings of the Operation Round Up Board of Directors. First semester awards are those granted at meetings held in July-November. Second
semester awards as those granted at meetings held in December-April. Board meetings are not regularly scheduled for May-June.
- You will be notified by email if and when your grant is approved
You must upload copies of your receipts/invoices for purchased materials within 60 days of the approval of your grant by visiting our Invoice Submissions Form.
All items purchased using Operation Round Up grants are the property of the grant recipient’s school district.
Apply for a Grant
Submit an online application for an individual grant or an online application for a combined/group grant and remember to upload all supporting documents such as screenshots of online shopping carts. (Please do not upload a list of web links.)
Once you submit your application, your principal will receive an email invitation to add his or her digital signature.
If you need technical assistance with the online form, please email our communications department.
Submission Cutoff Dates
2022-2023 school year:
- Thursday, Feb. 9 (for Feb. 16 board meeting)
- Thursday, Mar. 9 (for Mar. 16 board meeting)
- Thursday, Apr. 13 (for Apr. 20 board meeting)