Recipe: Au Gratin PotatoesNovember 2020
- 4 Russet potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream (if using sweet potatoes, reduce cream by 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
Wash the potatoes and allow them to dry. Slice the potatoes as thin as you can. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray. Heat oven to 325 F.
Layer 1/4 of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish by singling. Season with salt and pepper and 1/4 of the roasted garlic. Sprinkle with 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Pour 1/4 of the cream over the layer. Repeat this process for the next three layers. Cover the dish with foil. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the potatoes are tender all the way through when testing with a knife. Uncover the dish and return it to the oven to brown the top for about 10-15 minutes. Makes 16 (1/2-cup) servings.