Pear PancakesOctober 2021
- 1 1/2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar Maple syrup, if desired
Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Grease it with butter or vegetable oil if necessary.
In a large bowl, stir the baking mix, chopped pear, oats, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon until blended. In a medium bowl, beat the milk, melted butter, and egg with a fork or wire whisk. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot griddle. Cook the pancakes until bubbles form on top and the edges are dry. Flip, then cook the other side until golden brown.
While the pancakes are cooking, make cinnamon butter: In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup butter, the powdered sugar, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Serve the pancakes with cinnamon butter and syrup.
Do you have a great recipe? Email a copy of a recipe you’d like to share!